The gift you give is beyond all measure;
Worth too much
To count or weigh.
To us it is
A priceless treasure
That grows in value
Day by day
Your service, compassion,
Commitment and care
Inspire us all
And set you apart.
You give of yourself
With the time you share.
There are various ways you can volunteer including:
- Seasonal decorating the facility, resident doors/ windows.
- Gardening with/ for the residents; i.e. pruning, watering, planting, weeding.
- Resident companion; buddy up with a resident to read the weekly paper, bible scriptures, mail, visit over coffee
- Assist with hair setting on Mondays from 9am-11am
- Manicures on Friday from 9am-11am
- Music- sharing music talents on the weekends/ evenings; i.e. piano music, singing, any other instrumental.
- Bringing in your pet to visit those who would enjoy it
- Clothing Mender
- Water and Ice distributor
- Movie leader
- Scrap booking- making them and looking through them with residents
- Facebook, creating an account and teaching residents how to use
- Taking residents for a wheelchair ride around the facility and outdoors when it is nice
- Bring in children and let them color or play
- Bring in a hobby of your and teach residents or just complete amongst them while visiting
- Paint, draw, color pictures
- Talk about the ‘good ol’ days!
- Play games